Clutch Bleeding

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net, mr.creosote@hotmail.com
Subject: Clutch Bleeding
From: "Gary E. Sanders" <sandersg@dr-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:02:16 -0500 (CDT)
<SNIP>
<Does anyone have a good way of bleeding out ALL the air from the clutch
<line.  I can't put the car in reverse, without it grinding.  I've bled it a
<few times.  I've even put the rear end on ramps.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Your problem may not be related to air in the lines.  On my '70 GT6 the pivot
point where the pedal attached to the master cylinder had worn to the extent
that there wasn't enough stroke on the cylinder to completely disengage the
clutch.  Weld up and re-drill the hole to remove the slop.

Now for my pet peeve directed at the list in general.

trim your replies folks !!!

E-Mail: Gary E. Sanders <sandersg@dr-inc.com>
Date: 11-May-00
Time: 12:52:19