1500 Cam - issue resolved!

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Cam - issue resolved!
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:11:44 -0600
I called the machine shop again this morning and found out that what we had
was a 'failure to communicate'.  They thought there was a babbeted or
pressed-in bearing in the block, which would get ruined by the hot-tanking
process.  Since the cam runs on the cast iron, hot-tanking will not damage a
bearing, and the cam journals fit good in the block so we will not be
line-boring the block and putting bearings in it.

Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for all your input.

Paul M.