Re: CRASH!-Crazy drivers

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>,
Subject: Re: CRASH!-Crazy drivers
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:10:40 -0800
A similar thing happened to me coming back from my back by John Wayne
airport one Saturday morning about 8 years ago. Only I was driving a 89
Nissan Sentra and the idiot was driving a really gorgeous, brand new
Chrysler. He wouldn't let me over, I slowed, he slowed. I sped up, he sped
up. Finally, I shifted down and passed him-but not cutting him off. And
signalling. We got to where I had to turn to go home and as I slowed, he
sped up, went around the corner and blocked me. Got out of his car. He had
on one of those Italian jogging suits that's silky and baggy-and I though
"Oh God! He could have a gun under all that silk!" I rolled up the window,
threw the car into reverse and sped around him-he smashed his fists in the
trunk lid-putting two dings into it. Fortunately, there was a cab driver at
the next corner who saw the whole thing and sped up, blocking the idiot and
enabling me to get away. Really scary. I was afraid to go out for a couple
of days.

Another time, I was driving my old spitty to work, down the 405, hardly any
traffic. Just tootling along. I pass a guy in a company car in the slow
lane-we were just about the only two on the freeway. He sped up and cut in
front of me and slammed on his brakes. I braked and swerved into the next
lane (there weren't any other cars-it was about 11am)-and this guy went into
the next lane and then started to 'slalom' back and forth in front of me. I
sped off at the next exit, even though it was about 5 miles from where I had
to get off.

Both times, I was just driving along, minding my own business, signalled
when I had to, obeying the laws.

There are some real nut cases out there!

Laura

p.s.-great car, 70 Caddy!

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!