RE: CRASH!-Crazy drivers

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>,
Subject: RE: CRASH!-Crazy drivers
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:35:01 -0500
OK;  First off.  My wife is small and diminutive.  But no shrinking violet.
Anyway, we drove old, paid-for, but not too beat-up cars while we paid off
our college loans, started a family, etc.  One of my favorites was a 1971
Caddy Coupe De Ville.  One day, well before the recent fixation with road
rage,  Mr. Fullsize Van decides to make a game out of keeping her from
changing lanes.  Speed up, slow down, nothing worked.  She finally got
pissed enough and cut him off BIG time.  He jacked his brakes and swerved to
avoid being nailed.  So, anxious to show his buddies he is that macho man,
at the next stop light, he gets out of his van and gets in front of the
Caddy and starts screaming at her.  He is, like, taunting her to drive over
him.  Dumb!  She gives it the gas and then steps on the brake quickly,
leaving about 3" of space between him and a ton of Motown chrome grillwork!
I wasn't there but she said that got his attention.  He calmly and quickly
got back in his van, somewhat more pale.

Great car...great wife.

Terry Banbury
P.S. The Caddy's timing chain broke a quarter of a mile from home one day, I
coasted home into the driveway, and that was the end it!