RE: Tyres ... again

To: "'Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou'" <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: RE: Tyres ... again
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:32:39 -0500
I haven't done any high speed cornering, but it seems to handle as well or
better than the 155's.  I bought new Mini-light wheels to accommodate the
wider 175-70's.  I think the stock steel wheels are not wide enough for the
175-70's.  Yours might be OK (can anyone out there confirm this?).  Mine are
for a Mk III; 4.5 inches wide, I believe. I defiantly think your 80's are
too high a profile for the Spit.  Also, consider tyre pressure.  I went with
the Owner's manual listing of 21 psi front and 26 psi rear, for now, to see
how it feels.
Terry Banbury