64 Spit rear axle

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 64 Spit rear axle
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:37:21 EST
I have had a vibration coming from the rear of my Spit and have finally found
the source. The right rear axle is slightly bent near the hub. What is the
best way to remedy this? Should I just replace the axle itself or try to find
a complete assembly from a parts car? I have never dealt with this before and
it sounds like pulling the rear hub is a bit beyond me. Does anyone have the
parts I need and would be willing to part with them for a fair price? This is
the only problem that prevents me from driving the car and with the way gas
prices are headed, I would really like to get the car on the road this month.
THANKS!!
                                            Brad Wolfe