Valve guide seals and other stuff

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve guide seals and other stuff
From: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:55:37 EST
My parts are in and I should get my head back for my 77 tomorrow.
We went with a slightly deeper valve seat to replace the loose ones.
My machinist found some valve guide seals for a Volkswagen that look like a
good fit,
he is cutting down the guides and installing them today. The problem was
getting a seal that would fit within the dual valve springs that I just put
on before I found out about the loose valve seat. I could have gone back to
the single springs but I really liked the way the engine revs in the 5-6k
range with the doubles.
I'll run this setup for another thousand miles or so and get back to the list
with how the seals work and the brand/part number.
Also found a Timken website with a lot of good part numbers for Triumph car
bearings. The front wheel bearing #'s are 07100s-07210x and 03062-03162 inner
seal is 1110.