Re: wheel wobble woes

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>, "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: wheel wobble woes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:08:41 -0000
HI Atwell
I don't see the reason behind this as the pads pistons should move fairly
freely in the calliper.
I don't wish to disagree with the manual but I have workshop manuals
(original Triumph / Leyland) for all my cars (Though I don't have a
Spitfire) I have had Heralds, same front and rear suspension as Spits, and
none of them say anything about removing the calliper. I have never even
loosened the bolts on mine and always had good results from adjusting the
bearings even before I started using my own method.

Graham.