9:1 1500 pistons...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 9:1 1500 pistons...
From: Ean Houts <ehouts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:00:53 -0800
Unfortunately, my head gasket went south between cylinders 3&4, so I'm
looking either rebuilding my motor or buying another...Since I also plan
on autoxing it this year, I thought this would be an opportune time to
put in the 9:1 pistons and do a few other tweaks to compete in Street
Prepared rather than Stock.

So, can anyone tell me how to visually tell if a piston is from a 9:1 vs
from another year 1500?  I'm contemplating buying a rebuilt 1500 block
from a guy, but he doesn't know which pistons were installed.

thanks!
Ean