Return from unplanned winter storage

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Return from unplanned winter storage
From: "Aidan Corcoran" <spitfire@acquirer.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:37:34 -0000

Last September I decided that I'd replace the UJs on my Mk 2, and it turned
into a bit of a marathon, including new shocks, half-shafts, bearings, brake
parts and the rest. (I'm not going near these bits of the car again).
Anyway, this long process, coupled with a very busy time at work has left my
poor car on axel stands in the front garden ever since (covered up of course
against the harsh Irish winter).

With the long evenings starting to return, and the desire to get the car
back on the road asap, I'm refitting all the parts this weekend. Now I never
planned to have the car off the road that long, but it happened.

What should I do (after fitting back all the bits) but BEFORE I turn the
key? The car had done about 600 miles since the last oil, filter, and spark
plug change. Most of the petrol (gas) in the tank was freshly bought in
August. Is it going to be ok?

If the rear end goes well, I might get a chance to install the carb overhaul
kit I have as well. Like in the UK they stopped selling leaded petrol at the
end of last year.

Thanks in advance

Aidan
Mk 2 FC83365

PS - Any chance of a European squadron in this new world order (E S S?)