Re: lug nuts became crows foot and torque

To: "Oliver, Chris MAJ" <oliverc@monroe.army.mil>
Subject: Re: lug nuts became crows foot and torque
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:30:27 -0000
Hi All
Whilst we are back on this subject I had mine checked by a local aerospace
company, they are quite old and I got two of the three second, the other was
extremely cheap £3 due to the fact that carpenters don't use torque wrenches
(they were on sale in a timber yard) the other two were both Britool all
three are of the break back type (they click and go light)  Britool
10-50Lbft +- 0,  Britool 50-150lbft +2lbft across the range, cheap one (no
brand) 10-180lbft +-0 so if you are lucky they will be alright.
Don't forget to decompress them when not in use as this may cause them to
become out of tolerance!!

Graham.