bimonthly supplier gripe

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: bimonthly supplier gripe
From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:40:10 -0500
OK, now I not this comes up every few months, but for the possible benefit
of anyone on the list that hasn't heard of supplier problems for Triumphs
here goes.  (OK, so it is mainly to make me feel better and vent)

The Roadster Factory has done me in again!  I placed a large order at the
SouthEastern Regional Convention, mainly due to their large discounts and
free shipping.  Well none of the items ever arrived, after a month and a
half I called and they said well some of it was backordered.  My answer was
send me what you have.  So I prompty recieved one item in the mail!! only
one out of my whole list of items!!!!  So I patiently waited and in about
three weeks another item showed up on my doorstep, a caliper rebuild kit,
but it only had enough stuff to fix one caliper with.  I knew these were
supposed to have enough for two calipes so I called and confirmed this.
They told me to ship it back, at my expense of course, and they would ship
me another.  Fine I can deal with that, but then I asked are you sure you
have them in stock.  Then came the answer, "Well No Mr. Bowen but we are
expecting them in the next few weeks."

I have thus decided to return them for a refund (we will see how that
arguement goes later) and canceled the remainder of my order, and then
ordered all the items I required from Spitbits (who I have never had this
problem with).

Now I could understand items being out of stock if they were obscure but I
am ordering very common items, i.e. ball joints, caliper rebuild kits, etc.
I have also noticed that all of their parts come in a simple plastic bag
with a typed out label on them, however everything I get from spitbits is in
a original suppliers box.  I need to stick with the best supplier I know and
that is Spitbits (no financial yadda yadda yadda).

I am done ranting now, sorry for the bandwith.  Patrick Bowen