FW: Spectacular natural event

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com
Subject: FW: Spectacular natural event
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:04:47 -0500
Attention anyone who has had trouble with Lucas electrics:

I'm passing this on, as I'm sure it will be of interest to British Car fans
everywhere.

Christmas Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From: "Tony  Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>

 Subject:  Spectacular natural event

 You might want to make a note to check the moon on the evening of December
22 (next Wednesday).    It is a once-in-a-century event.

This year will be the first full moon this century to occur on the winter
solstice,  December 22.   Both the moon and sun will be at perigee (closest
to the earth).

This will make the moon 14% larger in the sky  - and the sunlight striking its
surface will be 7% stronger, making for the brightest moon since December
21, 1866.

 The expected effect is that we won't even need headlights to drive.

:->

Tony Clark, Texas