Greetings!... well, at LONG last..... also: where can I purchase chassis

To: <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Greetings!... well, at LONG last..... also: where can I purchase chassis plugs and also headlight question
From: "Chip Kigar" <ckigar@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:57:31 -0600
Greetings!... well, at LONG last, I've gotten my spitfire that I ebay bid on
8-2-99... it arrived December 9... the story (in MUCH briefer detail that it
took) is that when I told the seller the cost of shipping, he proposed
having the engine rebuilt so I could drive it home (1100 miles... El Paso to
Overland Park, KS).  Well, the rebuild and assorted events stretched the
process beyond what either I or the seller imagined... and I ended up having
it shipped anyway because there is only so much I can get done before the
y2k rollover (I'm a programmer...my employer has some silly idea I should be
around for the December countdown).

The car was 'as described'... virtually rust free (I found some light
surface rust under the seats) and fundamentally sound, with a hot power
plant (webers, header, elec ignition, OD)... but with a nasty interior and
lots of miscellaneous needs that will fill my weekends indefinately...

Anyway, on to my question... in stripping the interior, I found that several
of the rubber chassis plugs (drain hole plugs?) are missing.  I assume these
are nothing special, but the local parts guy couldn't help (and V. Brits is
about ten minutes from me... but they don't show them in the catalogue).
Has anyone found these plugs at like a car dealer?

Second question... one headlight (right)  is MUCH dimmer than the other...
is this most likely a connection problem or does it have any special
significance?

Thanks folks, it's great to leave 'lurk' status' and start putting this
resource to work.  I'll be posting pics on my page in a day or two.

Chip Kigar

PS... I went to the POR-15 page http://www.por15.com/ (this is a 'rust
killer' product I first saw mentioned on here... and there is no financial
interest on my part)... they sell a 'sample' kit and it sounds like a great
deal.  To quote from their page:

Try POR-15 ® out for yourself, at NO RISK. We're so confident you'll be
impressed with our products that we put together these wonderful STARTER
KITS, to let you try some for yourself for ONLY TEN DOLLARS! You'll get a
screw-top jar of POR-15 ® (enough to cover 12 square feet), a half-pint of
METAL-READY™, two wooden handle paint brushes, and a pair of our special
high-dexterity surgical latex gloves.

Here's the best part... After using your STARTER KIT and being convinced
POR-15 ® is the best rust-preventve coating you've ever used, call us TOLL
FREE and receive FIVE DOLLARS OFF any order of $30.00 or more! We'll pull
your name from our computer and credit you on the spot.

Visit my DYI circle cutting jig page at:
http://www.qni.com/~ckigar/circle.htm