RE: Best way to clean engine?

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: Best way to clean engine?
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:47:11 -0800
Jeff;

Steam cleaning can be very effective in getting the crud off however, it can
sometimes remove paint and the steam has a tendency to get into places you
don't want it to and then it condenses into the liquid form.  When I cleaned
my engine compartment I used the "environmentally friendly" form of Gunk and
a stiff nylon-bristled brush.  I then did a controlled rinse with the hose
nozzle set to a trickle and a nylon brush to speed things up.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)