Re: Oil filters

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil filters
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:13:59 EST
I too am wondering what oil filter to use on my Spitfire. I have a 64 MKI
with the original 1147cc engine but it has a modern style spin on filter and
I have used up the supply of filters the VNPO gave me at time of purchase. I
took an old one into the local parts store and they didn't carry the same
brand. The kid behind the counter couldn't find a cross- refrence for it.
They carried one in stock but one look at it told me it was wrong. If someone
knows the part number for a Fram or other name brand filter I would be
forever grateful. Thanks.
                                                Brad Wolfe