RE: stereos in Spitfires part2

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: stereos in Spitfires part2
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:41:32 -0800 (PST)

it was meant to be that way.  also, isn't the example you typed
in a bit expensive?  i would just go down to walmart, buy a
cheap cd player with detachable face, some cheeap speakers for
behind the seats, some cheap speaker boxes, and away you go.  i
would assume you could get away with this setup for less than
$150.

--- Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net> wrote:
> At 03:57 AM 11/19/99 -0800, nikolai jaremka wrote:
> >

> >one way to play cd's on your 8-track:
> >get an 8-track to cassette adapter (if you can still find
> one!)
> >then, get one of those tape player adapters for a portable cd
> >player and plug it into the 8-track adapter!
>
> You guys are getting a bit complicated aren't you?
>
> I saw a nice solution in another car last summer... the owner
> kept the
> original AM radio in the car 'just for show'.  But in the
> trunk, unseen, he
> had a nice head unit, CD player, and amplifiers that were
> controlled by a
> wireless remote from the drivers seat.
>
> Atwell Haines
> '79 Spitfire
> Succasunna, NJ USA
> (Same philosophy as Laura = inexpensive but good-sounding
> stereo with a
> neat little blinking LED when the faceplate is removed)

=====
nikolai jaremka
72 spitfire mkIV
east aurora, new york