Re: carpet

To: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Subject: Re: carpet
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:53:29 -0600
Hi!

I had excellent luck with a carpet set ordered through Pep Boys
(national auto store & service chain) for my '68 Spit, Elliott.  I
didn't want the standard black, so I looked there and they list the Spit
and provide their entire range of colors for it.  they also have several
styles of carpet -- closed-loop tight, closed-loop loose, and plush
(pile), if I remember correctly.  I got a walnut color (dark brown) to
match the dash and trim.  It came stitched with edging, had the driver
side rubber mat sewn or glued in, and fit pretty well.  It still looks
great after three years!  I believe it was about $135 and arrived
reasonably promptly.

I had thrown this info out the last time someone asked about carpet, and
got responses from all over saying they had Pep Boys in their areas, so
they seem to be pretty widely dispersed throughout the States.  The
company that actually made the carpet is in New Jersey, but their name
escapes me at the moment.  I contacted them directly back then, looking
for a better price, but they do not sell to individuals.

Hope this helps!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan  :)