Brake Master Cylinders, the good, the bad, and the ugly

To: "Spitheads" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>,
Subject: Brake Master Cylinders, the good, the bad, and the ugly
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@pop.erols.com>
Date: 1 Nov 1999 05:50:11 -0800
Having now gone through four master cylinders in less then two years, I'm
really getting fed up with them.  The last one was a brass lined one even.  No
it wasn't new, but the bore was perfect and I rebuilt it with a Napa Girling
kit.  I must be finding every bad one out there to try.  So before I go and
convert to a Tilton brake system, or spend big bucks to buy one from Spitbits
or such, I'd like to hear from some of you about whose master cylinders and
rebuild kits you've had good luck with, and what ones you didn't.