Re: Brake blead nipple..

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Brake blead nipple..
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:09:44 -0400
T. .R. Dafforn wrote:

> Last stretch of getting Sophie runing after 2 years, and thwarted by a
> blead nipple..
> This is one of the two on the front calipers, looks like it has been
> well hacked in the past, and is, of course, rounded, rather than having
> that handy hexagon...
> Anyhow, I've tried soaking it in freeing oil, and tapping it with a
> hammer (!)...
> Now I was wondering about heat, but am worried about melting the new
> seals I've just installed...
> The only other thing I can think of is using some kind of stud extractor
> tool,
> you know,  one of those taps with the reverse thread, anyone ever done
> this?
> Thanks for any help...
> tim
>
> --
> Tim Dafforn
> Structural Medicine
> Department of Haematology
> CIMR
> University of Cambridge
> Wellcome-MRC Building (Level6)
> Hills Road
> Cambridge
> CB2 2XY
>
> Tel. (01223) 336829
> Fax. (01223) 336827
> http://smokeroom.cimr.cam.ac.uk/
if it's not leaking, leave it alone.  bleed the calaiper by turning the
flexabile brake hose where it enters the caliper.  you can turn this
hose (carefully, please) enough for the air to escape past the threads.
not as fast as a bleed screw but ceraily cheaper than ruining a caliper.
ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive