Question about seat covers

To: "'Spitfires'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question about seat covers
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:04:50 -0700
Has anyone bought seat covers (seat savers) for their Spitfires from places
such as auto parts stores, K-Mart, Target, GI Joes, Pep Boys, etc.?  These
are generally in the $30 - $50 range.  Eventually I will have my seats done
"right" but for now I just need something decent looking and inexpensive.
The seat savers available from the "usual sources" cost about $100 plus
shipping, which is more than I want to spend for a temporary solution.

The applications guide books these stores have for their seat savers
understandably don't list Triumphs, so if anyone has used these covers which
size or car model works best.

Thanks.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)