Re: intake/exhaust swap

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: intake/exhaust swap
From: "Sue Hunneybell" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 16:27:34 PDT
>From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
>Subject: intake/exhaust swap
>Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:03:45 EDT
>
>Hi Spitphiles.  Again I must apologize for the voice of mechanical
>ignorance
>cluttering the List, but "that's what friends are for", I guess...
>     I have a Weber downdraft on a Cannon intake that I got with my parts
>car,
>along with a brand new header & used monza exhaust.  Since I don't know
>anything about Webers, I figured I'd either have my mechanic install & tune
>it or just show up on Joe's doorstep one day.  On the other hand, the
>header
>& exhaust don't appear to be beyond my ability.  But appearances can be
>deceiving, so thought I'd ask for some advice:
>Scott (& Hobbs, 1977 Spitfire, daily driver)

Just a brief comment - if this is 'the voice of mechanical ignorance' I
dread to think which category I fit in. Beyond knowing that my Spit has 6
wheels (including spare and steering before you ask) and an engine thingy
under the bonnet I have a long way to go. I got lost after the first
paragraph.
Actually over the years I have been slowly learning a lot more about the
beast and having discovered this list my knowledge has been increasing by
leaps and bounds - when I can understand what you're all talking about. Give
  me a few more weeks and I might even be talking the same language!
Sue
'68 Mk III