Re: Monza Exhaust

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Monza Exhaust
From: "Emery" <tr6@mail.icongrp.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:38:45 -0500
Bob:
   I had the same dilemma about this time last summer.  The exhaust on my
TR-6 bit the dust (it was a Midas from 1979!) and I went with a Monza
system.  Bought it from JC Whitney and use one of their 10% of coupons, so
the price was right.
   I replaced the Monza with a stock system this spring, because the Monza
is LOUD!!!  Not only that, but there is a resonance around 3000 to 3500 rpms
that you will feel  in your chest and that is the rpm range that I always
seemed to be in!
   If you like loud (and I thought I did) then the Monza will be fun,
although the word on the triumph list is that they don't last very long.
   Hope this helps.
   Don Emery
   Crown Point, IN