Re: Seeking source for fuel pump blanking plates

To: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Seeking source for fuel pump blanking plates
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 07:21:16 -0700
Bob,
I made one for myself and a couple for Huw Upshall, with pressure relief
pipes in them to help rid the crankcase of unwanted pressure.  The
things aren't that difficult to fabricate.  They are essentially a flat
piece of metal with the holes cut in the right place.  You can use the
fuel pump as a pattern to cut out the plate and the holes.

The additional pipe for pressure relief can be added by drilling the
hole between the two bolt holes and braze in a short piece of pipe the
same size as those on the valve cover.

Regards,
Joe

Bob Sykes wrote:

> Spitfliers,
>
> A friend is converting a couple of Spits to electric fuel pump
> operation.  He thought the blanking plates were available from TRF,
> but was told "we haven't had those for years" when he called.
>
> Anyone know of a current source for these blanking plates?
>
> --
>
> AdTHANKSvance,
> Bob

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer