Re: ROBSON - page 10, August 99 Triumph World

To: "William Davies" <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: ROBSON - page 10, August 99 Triumph World
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:38:33 +0100
Why do you assume that the older enthusiasts are "anoraks and
trainspotters"?  Didn't actualy say that!

I wrote that just after going to the Newbury area meet, where I was struck
by the outward going nature of the organisers and everyone there.

It apperes that my view about modification is the same as yours, if your
going to modify a car, modify one that wasn't exactly orriginal in the first
place.  But it's completly wrong to modify a 100% original car, why not swap
it for a less original car which would give you a better start.  My spitfire
is hardly original, it has a Doly 1500 engin for example.  Plus a horible
respray which was a compltet bodge, the DPO.

>How about The Star at Stanton St.John on the first Wednesday, or The
>White Hart at Fyfield on the third Monday? We don't bite,

Provided I don't set fire to the car this weekend with my welding attempts.
(Just got an extinguisher today).  And I manage to fit my rebushed
carbuetters, I'll be there next monday.  Maybe half a sleep but!

James