New Book

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Book
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:38:19 +0100
Hi there,

Just to say, I've got a realy good book from Amazon, Chassis Engineering, by
Herb Adams.  Sort of explains a lot about the Spitfires handleing, how it
hugs the road until the rear starts to drift.  Why it's no good on Ice.

What the different sized 'A' arms do on the front etc.

This is because I am starting research on building a light, extreamly well
composed, non jaring, grand tourer, that will out corner most on the road.
Do 40+ MPG and have a 0 to 60 of less than 10-11 seconds.   Lets call 8 a
nice figure.  Oh and it has to have loads of luggage space, use very little
sheet metal, almost all pannels are glass fiber, low wind noise and drag.

Looks have to be cheery with a sting!

I ramble, anyway...

James