RE: TSSC International

To: "'William Davies'" <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>,
Subject: RE: TSSC International
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:19:09 +0100
Bill,

I didn't make it up till Sunday so I can't comment first hand on the
Saturday night party - but from speaking to some people with very bad
hangovers, I'd guess it was pretty good!

As for Sunday, there was the concourse, with some absolutely beautiful
cars on display (congratulations, Phil - sorry, I dont' remember which
car yours was).  There was also a band there playing some fairly average
jazz music.  The front man for the band found the concept of getting
your "trunions oiled" extremely amusing for some reason, and made
several jokes about getting your "onions boiled", and something about
bunions.......  Apart from that, there was the usual array of suppliers
showing off all kinds of polishes, parts and regalia.  All in all, it
was an excellent excuse to take the car for a drive and meet some other
club members.

Dean
--------------

--- William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com> wrote:
> {snip}
>       So did I miss anything on Sunday?

I went on the Saturday and returned on the Sunday.
Don't know about the Saturday party, as I had go home
to make up some brownie points with the girlfriend for
going in the first place! I had decided to enter my
Spitfire in the 'Original Spitfire' class of the
Concours, so most of Saturday was spent cleaning it on
site. I did not manage to get out to see the cars
parked out the front of the Hall, but looking out from
the hall, there seemed to be a few more than the
Saturday.

The polishing paid off, as I won the class against
some very stiff opposition. Not bad for a daily driver
(10510 miles since last October and counting,
including 2000 from the '98 Round Britain Run). On the
strength of this, Triumph World are doing a feature on
it in a future issue - The photo's look good from what
I gather.

Enough blowing of my own trumpet! A good event, but a
bit expensive IMHO at £15 for a weekend, or £8 for a
day pass whether you are in the TSSC or not.

===
Phil Johnson
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
68 GT6 Mk1 KC13299