Jonmac's Book

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Jonmac's Book
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 19:03:02 -0600
Just finished reading John MacCartney's book "In my Father's
Shadow".  I got it just after Christmas so it *has* taken me a long time
to read it.  But as I say, it was like good wine - sipping quality.

        Reading about the real people that worked in the offices (and
the one or two mentioned who worked on the cars) has given me an
appreciation of their work.  While crawling on my back under the dash
removing the defroster vents I could see the guy (or gal) who put those
little washers and nuts on there.
        While recovering the dash suppport I could appreciate the
trained fingers that stretched that vinyl in place without a wrinkle
(unlike my replacement).  Perhaps when I get to my 70,000th I'll get as
good as they were.
        I could see the sewing room where the stitching was done on
those little padded knee pads on the tranny tunnel, and many other small
details that make up the complete car.
        Interesting and often humourous reading.  Thanks John.

(This is an unpaid testimonial by someoe with no financial gain in the
enterprise.)

Cheers, Fred
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths