alternator diagnosis

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: alternator diagnosis
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

ok, i'm sorry, but i don't remember who suggested that my
ignition light is actually doing it's job by not going out.
that's exactly what the problem was.  the light wasn't going out
because of something wrong with the actual alternator.  i took
it back to the store where i bought it and had them put it on
thier bench tester, and they found it to only be putting out 11
volts.  well, they graciously (sp?) picked another one off the
shelf and tested it before they gave it to me.  now i have a
healthy GM style alternator straped to the side of my engine, an
ingition light that turns on and off as it should, and a much
quieter engine bay.

thanks to everyone that helped my out with this conversion.  it
never would have gotten done with out the help from the list.

===
nikolai jaremka
72 spitfire mkIV
east aurora, new york