Re: Bad Service

To: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Bad Service
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:48:39 -0600
Art,
I learned in my law courses (Journalism Law) that one of the few
defenses for libel is "Truth".

You can say anything in the mass media about someone and get away with
it if it is true.

Therefore, if anyone on the list relates an honest story about any
vendor, they can rest assured that they would not be found guilty of
libel as long as they could prove that what they said is the "Truth".

Regards,
Joe Curry

"Arthur H. Smith" wrote:

> BAD IDEA
>
> some vendor may take exception to the where on the list they appear and
> could sue the list. that includes all members . if the list were on happy
> customer reports then the parts shopping person could go to the list and
> pick a vendor with the most happy customers.

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer