Re: New Mallory Distributor

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Mallory Distributor
From: David Gates <dgates@lava.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:13:36 -1000
Thanks Bob,

Your answers got me most of the way there and I found a guy on the web that
sells Mallory equipment who was very helpful with tech support even though
I didn't buy it from him.  His name is Sam Solace and his site is
http://www.centuryperformance.com/Default.htm .   I figure his online speed
shop deserves a quick plug for his kind help, very nice and knowledgeable guy.

At any rate, my new dual point distributor is in and working!!! Yippie!!!
This is the first time the car has sprung to life in over a year, so its
nice to have it running.  A couple more weeks and I should have all the
little stuff done to make it roadworthy.

I had a strange problem today with it once it was running.  I checked my
oil level and found it to be VERY high, almost twice too much oil.  It
seemed pretty thin also.  After scratching my head for a bit I noticed that
it smelled like gas.  Now I remember reading about this problem on the list
a while back.  So I immediately pulled the mechanical fuel pump off and
checked it for leaking into the block.  Sure enough it was, probably about
5% of the gas it was pumping was going into the block.  :(  Luckily I have
an electric pump to put on from my recent parting out of my '76.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out.  With any luck she
will be on the road in a couple weeks.  Yep, she's a woman.  No name yet
but definately a woman.

David Gates
Hawaii