Fw: Alum. cleaning

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Alum. cleaning
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 00:09:49 -0400
I used to chemicaly clean metals (Brass, Bronze, & Aluminum) for a molding
company. To clean aluminum we used a caustic soda dip (base) for 10 seconds
( untill it was black) then nitric acid (10%) two quick dips (to clean off
the black). The base cleans off the oils and grease then the acid cleanes
off the oxidation. Of course the chemicals you can get are probably weeker,
but that might give you a start.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg Va.
66 Spit   being rebuilt