Re: Alum. cleaning

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Alum. cleaning
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 08:50:31 -0600
Ed,
There is a caustic soda wheel cleaner that might do the trick.  It is a
2 part bath.  You mix up the cleaner with water, dip the part for the
prescribed time (watching the bubbles boil off the aluminum) and then
dip it into the neutralizer.

Afterwards, you can do the polishing thing with buffer wheels and after
cleaning all the burnishing rough off, spray it with a clear coat to
finish the job.

Good luck,
Joe

Edward Hamilton wrote:

> I've spent too much time cleaning and polishing a pair of side-draft Webers
> and a Cannon inlet manifold.  There are "spots" on the Aluminum or in other
> words, the Aluminum is not even in color.
> Is there some cleaner or chemical dip that I can use to even out the color?
> Anyone else experience this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ed Hamilton

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer