Seat recovering question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat recovering question
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 22:10:55 -0500

Hello all,

I'm recovering my seats and have a question for those of you who have ever
done a full foams and covers replacement job.

The new foams are obviously larger than the old ones, meaning they are not
smashed to pancakes... so in stretching the covers over them, it seems as
though I have to stretch the vinyl very far to reach the places to clip it.
This is mostly true on the seat bottoms.

Should I worry about stretching the covers too much? I don't want any
trouble when/if the vinyl ever shrinks over time or due to temperature.
Popping seams would not make me happy.

Mine is a '78 1500 so the covers have the fabric houndstooth center portion.

Thanks for any advice/encouragement...
Eric.

-----
Eric Yates