Re: Blowing fuses

To: njaremka@yahoo.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blowing fuses
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 12:53:23 EDT
njaremka@yahoo.com writes:

>  well, all the fuses in my spit have been 30amps since i bought
>  the car, and i've NEVER had a problem with any of my electrics.

Nikola,

Please!  Do yourself a favor and swap out the fuses in your car. The wiring
in your spit is NOT rated to carry 30 amps. In both my TR6 and my MGBGT,
which have similar electrical equipment to your Spitfire, I use 10, 15, and
20 amp fuses.

10 amp for the fuse with the red wires, 15 for the fuse with the purple
wires, and 20 for the fuse with the green wires.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be gained by used larger fuses than required,
but the smaller fuses may well save your car someday.

The 35 amp lucas fuses that came in your car from the factory are NOT the
same as the 35 amp fuses you can buy from your local auto parts store. They
are, in fact, the same rating as an American 17 amp fuse.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74