RE: Replacing Electric Fuel Pump on '77 1500

To: "'Ted Schumacher'" <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Subject: RE: Replacing Electric Fuel Pump on '77 1500
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:06:06 -0600

        Ted- After running a year or so with your top-end cam in our 1300,
we're still having overheating problems. We've tried rodding out the
radiator, installing a thermostat to slow the flow down (160*),and moving
the oil cooler below the radiator (necessitating an air scoop) and
installing a mechanical temp gauge. Any Ideas on how to keep it cool? It's
been running around 230-240 F by the end of a session. Very worrisome, and
the heat of summer isn't even here yet.
        Mark Haynes
        '65 Spit RMVR #162