Re: New Wiring Harness

To: "Chris Taylor" <spitfire@worldchat.com>
Subject: Re: New Wiring Harness
From: "richard stieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 13:47:52 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>
To: spitfires@autox.team.net <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, May 02, 1999 7:39 PM
Subject: New Wiring Harness

the biggest part of the job would be removing the
>dash and routing the wires through the firewall but I'm
>only in dream mode right now.>SNIP

When I redid my '75, I yanked the major part of the harness back through the
firewall and labeled the bits.  Of course, six months later all the labels
(masking tape with ink marker lettering) was either illegible or gone. So I
brought out my "before" photos -closest shots were in blank and white-go
figure. and rewired from them.  No smoke was let loose and everything
worked, after a fashion.

Did cut the wire to the seat-belt buzzer and sensor under the seat-never
start the thing without being properly strapped in and wearing helmet and
goggles, anyway...zoom!

rick stieg 75 spit with diffy bruises on chest, diffy still on floor, beer
cooler empty.. and how was YOUR weekend?