Re: More data on glowing ignition light

To: <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: More data on glowing ignition light
From: "Moorse,Jeffrey" <jeff.moorse@ABBOTT.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:57:53 -0500
My car has been doing this since 1977.  I replaced the diode pack in th=
alternator in 1981 and it stopped for a few months.  Since then I've ju=
st
lived with it and never had a dead battery.  The alternator does make a=

whiing/whistling sound with the headlights on, though.

The indicating circuit is simply a bulb wired between the alternator an=
battery; not much to go wrong there.  The regulator on my 1974 is an
electronic, potted one mounted to the alternator.  No adjustment is
possible.

Unless that dimly lit bulb really bothers you or you have money you don=
't
need, I'd say 13.6 volts is close enough.

Jeff Moorse
1974 1500

owner-spitfires@autox.team.net on 09/22/98 06:49:42 AM
Please respond to jw@mail09.mitre.org @ INTERNET