Re: More data on glowing ignition light

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More data on glowing ignition light
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 05:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

joe:
seems to me that every thing is alright with your alternator.  i can't
test mine to be sure, since i'm in the middle of an engine rebuild.
but, last time i tested my alternator, i belive i got the same results
for output.  as far as the light goes, it really doesn't tell you too
much.  it seems like all it does is tell you when either your battery
is dead, or the alternator isn't working.  i used to worry about mine
when i noticed the little red glow when i was driving around at night
(it's alot more noticable in the dark), but i havn't had a problem
with it yet. (it's been about three years since i did anything with my
alternator)  the only thing i can recomend is buy yourself some cheap
insurance and invest in some jumper cables for the trunk.

nik jaremka
'72 spitfire
east aurora, new york