Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?

To: s1500@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 12:19:08 -0700
Bob Sykes wrote:

> It's even muddier than "Yes & No".  While Joe's comments are in
> line with the "authoritative" sources;  Triumph (as would be expected),
> introduced some mystical exceptions:
>
> My '74 Spit FM19842UO (Aug 1974) was not fitted with a spoiler.
> It did have the quarter valence grille inserts that were deleted on
> the later cars fitted with spoilers.  (You can't fit both)
>
> I know of a '73 GT6 KF20632U (who's owner will read this tomorrow)
> which is like-wise "spoiler-less" (with the grille inserts).
>
> Perhaps spoilers were not fitted to the first six cars made after
> tuesday morning tea-breaks on alternating fort-nights after 1973 ;-)

Bob,
That statement is probably as definitive as one can get on most any
Triumph accessory production.  There never seems to be much rhyme or
reason for the production, except in stating that if they had it in
stock, they probably used it up before discontinuing something.  If they
later discovered a few more in a closet, they stuck them on a few cars
until they were gone.

Joe

> --
> Bob Sykes
> "You can't beat your brains for entertainment."
>
> Joe Curry wrote:
>
> > Martin,
> > Apparantly the answer is "yes and No".  The earlier ones did not have
> > the spoiler but the later ones did.  This seems to track with the
> > introduction of the 1500 Spit which has the spoiler as standard
> > equipment.  Apparantly the GT6 changeover came at KE20,000 (Feb '73).
> > That was also when the Swing-Spring was introduced on the GT6
> >
> > msecres@ibm.net wrote:
> > >
> > > Was the front spoiler original to the GT6-3?

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer