GT6 Self Adj. Rear Brake

To: Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 Self Adj. Rear Brake
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 12:48:13 -0400
Folks,

Over the weekend, I made my first attempt at removing the rear drums
from my GT6, which sat in a barn for about 15 years.  This is a
late-model MK3, non-rotoflex with self adjusting shoes.  There is no
adjuster, I looked (several times).  I got both screws out but can't
remove the drum.  Is there some magic incantation that I can say that
will allow them to be removed?  I've looked at my Haynes and the Factory
manuals, neither speak of my particular/peculiar brake system.  I'm
gonna go at it with a large gear puller this evening.  Thanks.

D.
Spit FM90204UO
GT6 KF20632U

--
Dee Jackson              Ph. 336-547-5007
Gilbarco Inc.             Fax 336-547-5234