Re: rear disc brakes on a Spitfire?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: rear disc brakes on a Spitfire?
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:52:50 -0400
Even better, how about overall improvement of thebraking system. I've
always felt that the Spitfire braking was very heavy and poor. I
upgraded to carbon metallic pads and that helped a bit.
I would expect that one would have to replace the front rotors and the
master cylinder as well as some improvement on the rear.
Maybe one of our ex-racers out there may have done this in the past.

Vic Whitmore
76 Triumph Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario