Re: [Shop-talk] Eradicating yellowjackets in a stone wall?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eradicating yellowjackets in a stone wall?
From: <alfuller194@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 12:03:05 -0700
IIRC, the last time I had wasps entering into a gap in the bricks near the
ground, I tried the usual wasp / bee / yellowjacket stuff - all to no avail. I
called the extension service for help, and they knew what to get.

They recommended 'Sevin' brand insect killer [to be applied with great care to
not poison myself!]. It worked great.

I think one of the keys was to puff the powder into the hole where they enter
during the evening when things were dormant or slow. Making sure to spray it
where they would track it into the nest would be best. I think it took a few
applications, several days apart for us to no longer see anybody flying around,
and then sealed up the hole in the brickwork.

If you have a local extension service, they might have a suggestion. We used to
have them in every county in Michigan when I was growing up, but now I think it
is consolidated. I wound up calling the one at Michigan State University.  I've
moved out of state, and have no idea who I would call now - but donâ??t have
the need yet [fingers crossed].

All the best,

Al Fuller