Re: [Shop-talk] Eradicating yellowjackets in a stone wall?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eradicating yellowjackets in a stone wall?
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 08:26:09 -0400
(First attempt to reply to the list failed.  Apologies in advance if you
eventually see two similar replies from me...)

Years ago I recall watching a video where someone had a
difficult-to-reach wasp or hornet nest in a roof so he set up a shopvac
where the wasps were entering and let it run for a day or so.  Something
like this might work for your situation if your shopvac has enough
suction.  If you also suck up some powdered insect killer like Sevin or
diatomaceous earth, it ought to kill the wasps while they're in the
tank.  Browsing YouTube, I see a number of similar videos but not the
one that I recall watching.

This might be pretty effective at getting rid of the adults.  Depending
on the side of the nest and how many eggs have been laid, you might need
to repeat it a couple times as the young hatch and leave the nest.