[Shop-talk] Perfect "Granny" find

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Perfect "Granny" find
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:26:23 -0500 02/12/2023 11:26:30 AM, Serialize complete at 02/12/2023 11:26:30 AM

--===============6184740074792044551==

--=_alternative 005A4F2385258954_=

You always hear stories about the low milage cars that a grandma owned and
never drove.  Well, I stumbled into one.

Now, it's not a LBC, so don't get too excited.  But I got it at a rock
bottom price and intent to clean and sell.

The vehicle is a 2017 Land Rover Discovery with only 7000 miles on it
(that's right, 7K!)

I think I can almost triple my money (I paid full asking price, and I have
to get it out of the driveway, which was no small feat!)

I was worried about the typical mouse damage, but I found the car through
a local cat rescue that has trapped, fixed, and adopted out over 30 cats
from the property and there are still more there.  So I don't think a
mouse ever got CLOSE to this car.

It was outside, so the exterior needs a deep cleaning, but the inside is
SHOWROOM!  So far, a cursory cleaning and it is almost brand new looking
all the way around.

Of course the cats got under the hood and ripped up the firewall
insulation and made a mess, but no problems with wires or anything.

My question are...
1- of course the rotor and brakes are pretty surface rusted.  I got the
car driving and the brakes work, but is it worth it to replace the pads
(that are nearly brand new) and rotors?  Or can I do something different?

Can I just remove and lightly sand all surfaces (pads and rotors?)

2-Of course I'm going through this with a fine comb, but is there anything
else I should look out for?  I'm doing filters and fluids.  I already
installed the new battery.

3- Is there a way to 'temporary' insure and registrar a vehicle to just
move it to a car wash and gas station?  Something like dealer plates, but
for a limit, one time use?

Finally, anyone in the market for a cherry 2017 Discovery (White)  8>)

Moose

--=_alternative 005A4F2385258954_=

about the low milage cars that a grandma owned and never drove. &nbsp;Well,
I stumbled into one.</span>
a LBC, so don't get too excited. &nbsp;But I got it at a rock bottom price
and intent to clean and sell.</span>
a 2017 Land Rover Discovery with only 7000 miles on it &nbsp;(that's right,
7K!)</span>
almost triple my money (I paid full asking price, and I have to get it
out of the driveway, which was no small feat!)</span>
about the typical mouse damage, but I found the car through a local cat
rescue that has trapped, fixed, and adopted out over 30 cats from the property
and there are still more there. &nbsp;So I don't think a mouse ever got
CLOSE to this car.</span>
so the exterior needs a deep cleaning, but the inside is SHOWROOM! &nbsp;So
far, a cursory cleaning and it is almost brand new looking all the way
around. </span>
cats got under the hood and ripped up the firewall insulation and made
a mess, but no problems with wires or anything.</span>
are...</span>
rotor and brakes are pretty surface rusted. &nbsp;I got the car driving
and the brakes work, but is it worth it to replace the pads (that are nearly
brand new) and rotors? &nbsp;Or can I do something different?</span>
and lightly sand all surfaces (pads and rotors?)</span>
going through this with a fine comb, but is there anything else I should
look out for? &nbsp;I'm doing filters and fluids. &nbsp;I already installed
the new battery.</span>
way to 'temporary' insure and registrar a vehicle to just move it to a
car wash and gas station? &nbsp;Something like dealer plates, but for a
limit, one time use?</span>
in the market for a cherry 2017 Discovery (White) &nbsp;8&gt;)</span>

--===============6184740074792044551==--