Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor Paint

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor Paint
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.yahoo
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:25:47 -0500
I mechanically and chemically prepped my floor for epoxy.  After I put
down the paint, we had a few days of rain, and the epoxy became streaky
and had a milky look to it.  I was ok with it for awhile, but even with
good prep, hot tires would peel some of it off and it began to look
unsightly. I then put down RaceDeck style plastic tiles.  I've been much
happier and all I do is hose it out and mop it a couple times a year.
They are also not as slick as the epoxy paint.  I do put a piece of
plywood under my jack and jack stands.  Very east to fix if you do
damage a tile.  John in Shelton, CT