Re: [Shop-talk] Smoke gun for septic vent leak?

To: jamesf@groupwbench.org
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Smoke gun for septic vent leak?
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:50:55 GMT
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Full-name: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
I had a similar issue in my shop where I have a small tank with pump to get
sewage over a small hill before gravity takes over.  But in my case the vents
are not up through the roofline so my approach was simply to flush the tank by
running the tap for an extended period. I would only have the smell a couple of
time a year.

if your vent line is in the wall, it will be interesting whether you could get
the smoke to show itself.  I know smells can find a way through, not sure
whether smoke has the same penetration...  Another potential solution is a
small blower in the vent line...

Good luck and let us know how it plays out