Re: [Shop-talk] 110 v motor wiring

To: "'shop-talk'" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110 v motor wiring
From: <alfuller194@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 07:39:52 -0700
Hi Tom:

I'm not sure what wiring (if any) the machine came to him with.

As someone already commented, there may also be a wiring diagram on the motor
to help with this, too:

["I'm not familiar with your application but a typical reversable AC motor is
controlled by a SPST center-off switch.  The motor has three leads.  One is
connected to neutral directly.  The other tow wires have a run capacitor
connected between them.  Applying power to one of these two leads will make the
motor run in one direction and applying power to the other lead will make the
motor run in the opposite direction.  There should be a label on the motor
somewhere indicating which wire is which."]

All the best,

Al Fuller