Re: [Shop-talk] [OT] Unbelievable

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [OT] Unbelievable
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 07:46:21 -0400
In my state, a store pays property tax on inventory on hand on January
1st.  Between tax on things that don't exist, and lost sales due to
people giving up and going toteh competition, I can't imagine how it's
cheaper to hire one less employee to manage inventory.

I needed something from Lowe's on Saturday.  Web site said 20 were on
hand.  At the shelf, the hook was empty.  I found an employee, and we
found the box in the overhead storage.  Maybe I got lucky, but I like
to think my local store is helpful and organized.   Maybe they should
be giving lessons?