Re: [Shop-talk] Fwd: mini-split or window unit ?

To: Arvid <arvidj999@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fwd: mini-split or window unit ?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:43:43 -0500
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net

> On Apr 22, 2021, at 15:29, Arvid <arvidj999@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think anyone ships pre-sealed lines like Sears provided with their
> DIY Whole Home AC units that I installed in the house 35 years ago. Dean (THE
> HVAC GUY) replaced that unit about 25 years ago when the condenser stated
> leaking.

Thatâ??s what the mr cool linsets are, and the attraction of them.  The limita
there is the lines will be too long.  That reduces efficiency, depending on how
much excess there is, and where it is. If it is out side, it will absorb heat
(or lose it, when heating) thereâ??s also pumping losses, which can be
substantial. Cutting lines to length letâ??s you avoid that, and adjust the
charge for line length. ( The pecharge
Is for a given length of line. Longer, you add, shorter, you subtract).

Itâ??s not a huge problem, but one to consider.